(To view the SSRT Contract, click on the NEGOTIATIONS button above.)
What is a grievance?
(From Article VI of the Social Services and Related Titles Contract (SSRT)
The term "Grievance" shall mean:
- A dispute concerning the application or interpretation of the terms of this Agreement;
- A claimed violation, misinterpretation or misapplication of the rules or regulations, written policy or
orders of the Employer applicable to the agency which employs the grievant affecting terms and conditions of
employment; provided, disputes involving the Personnel Rules and Regulations of the City of New York or the Rules
and Regulations of the Health and Hospitals Corporation with respect to those matters set forth in the first
paragraph of Section 7390.1 of the Unconsolidated Laws shall not be subject to the grievance procedure or
- A claimed assignment of employees to duties substantially different from those stated in their job
- A claimed improper holding of an open-competitive rather than a promotional examination;
- A claimed wrongful disciplinary action taken against a permanent employee covered by Section 75(1) of the
Civil Service Law or a permanent employee covered by the Rules and Regulations of the Health and Hospitals
Corporation upon whom the agency head has served written charges of incompetency or misconduct while the employee
is serving in the employee's permanent title or which affects the employee's permanent status.