Complaints and help phone numbers

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version
New York City

For all complaints and inquiries to City Agencies, including:

Asbestos disturbance
Blocked fire exits
Drinking water contamination
Exposed electrical wires
Fire prevention
Lack of heat
Lack of hot water
Sever back-up
Rat bites
Rat infestation
Toxic spills
Toxic fumes

CALL 311

New York State
Attorney General (Law Dept.)

Environmental Protection Bureau
Violation of right-to-know law

(212) 416-8446
Department of Environmental Conservation

Office of public health hotline information and assistance on pesticides and other occupational health problems

Department of Labor

Public Employee Safety and Health Bureau

(212) 352-6116
fax (212) 352-6136
Environmental Protection Agency
Asbestos and lead (hotline) 1-800-368-5888
Safe drinking water (hotline) 1-800-426-4791
Hazardous and solid waste (hotline) 1-800-424-8802
NYC General Number (212) 637-3000
Regional Administrator (212) 637-5000
Division of enforcement and compliance assistance (212) 637-4000
Hazardous waste compliance (212) 637-4151
Emergency response division director (212) 637-4392
Department of Health and Human Resources
Regional Director (212) 264-4600
Public Health Service (212) 264-2561
NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
Health Hazard Evaluations 1-800-35-NIOH
Department of Transportation – Coast Guard
National Response Center Chemical release, oil spills 1-800-424-8802
Pollution response and prevention 9am – 5pm(718)354-4248
After 5pm (718)354-4121

Social Service Employees Union Local 371
817 Broadway, New York, NY 10003